Durian Soft Cheesecake

adsensecode1


I know the weather has been extremely hot and it's not good to eat durian at this time but when I see some durian selling in the market, I just can't help myself to buy some for baking. So, here I made a light version of durian cheesecake that called for only a little amount of durian flesh which yield a light version of durian cheesecake. The texture is similar to Japanese cotton cheesecake, quite moist and soft. 


One thing that I always worry on making soft cheesecake is the cake might crack on the surface and shrink terribly. This time the top still have a bit of crack but not too much. Perhaps I could still turn the heat slightly lower. As I know it's definitely going to be shrank, so what I do is to help it shrink nicely. Grease the side of the pan with butter and coated with bread flour. I find this method quite good. Although the weather is quite hot, this light and moist durian cheesecake quite a refreshing dessert. Just to make sure it's cool enough to serve.


Recipe from Chef Alan Kok
1 slice 7" sponge cake (I used 8")
250g cream cheese
3 egg yolks
150ml fresh milk
150g durian flesh
3 egg whites
60g caster sugar
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 7" round cake tin (I used 8" , serves 9) with grease proof paper and put in a slice of prepared sponge cake (I greased the side of the pan with butter and coated with bread flour) 

  2. Beat cream cheese, egg yolks at low speed until well mixed. Add fresh milk, durian flesh and mix well.

  3. In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white and caster sugar at high speed until soft peak is formed. Mix in mixture (2) in 3 batches.

  4. Pour mixture onto sponge cake.

  5. Steam bake the cheesecake at 180C for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 140C and bake for another 1 1/2 hours.

  6. Leave cake to cool in the oven with door ajar 1 hour. Chill in the fridge for overnight. 

Ingredients for the plain sponge cake:

(Please follow the video clip)

140g plain flour / 4 eggs / 30g milk / 180g sugar / 4g salt / 30g oil
adsensecode2

Post a Comment